Overview: Reflections on Tuesdays with Morrie
After reading the book (or viewing the video) Tuesdays with Morrie (1997) by Mitch Albom, answer each of the following questions:
- What was your initial reaction to the story? How did it make you feel?
- Touch and intimacy can offer the aged a sense of well-being. Do you believe older people suffer from touch deprivation? Did Morrie? In what two ways has our society positively or negatively contributed to this? How can nurses enhance touch for older people?
- Some people see the essence of aging as a “Spiritual Journey” in which one connects with the transcendent self and the route of spiritual growth. How can we, as nurses, help the older adult along this path? What did Morrie say about being “fully present” with an individual? How can you help an older person find meaning and a sense of purpose in their lives? Could they help you find meaning in your life?
- “Learn how to die and you learn how to live”. “Aging is not decay but GROWTH!” What did these quotes mean to Morrie? What do they mean to you?
Further Suggestions for Paper
Use APA style format; paper should be neatly typed and without errors.
Write 1-2 well-developed paragraphs (approximately 5-10 well-developed sentences) for each question listed above; make certain to thoroughly incorporate your reactions, opinions, thoughts, and/or perspectives to each question. NOTE: entire paper should be 3-4 pages in length.
Include a minimum of two references supporting your thoughts; these citations should come from sources other than your textbook including the video or book Tuesday with Morrie
Please consider use of the rubric as heading to keep your paper organized. Headings are bolded and centered within the paper. See sample headings below to keep you organized. Make sure you answer the multiple questions under each heading. Be sure to include a introduction with purpose statement and conclusion.
Touch and Intimacy
Analysis of quote
- Be written intheAPAstyleformat;neatlytyped andwithouterrors.
- Contain aTitle Page and Reference Page.
- Consistofa maximumof4 pages, EXCLUDINGthe Title Page and ReferencePage.
- Include aminimumof3 credible andrefereedresources fromliteraturesuchasscholarlynursing journals ortextbooks published withinthe lastfive years (Wikipediais notaprofessional reference