MKT3125: Services Marketing Management
Assignment Number 1 accounts for 15% of your overall grade for this Module
Please make sure you keep a copy of your final draft. The assignment will not be returned to you.
Your assignment must
- be your original work (please talk to me if you have any doubts about what this means)
- have all relevant information on the cover (name, student number, module name and number, assignment title, due date, word count)
- have a Middlesex University Feedback Form in the front, stapled in the top left-hand corner
- not have any folders, bindings or fastenings – a simple staple is enough; if your must cover your assignment then use a simple plastic pocket
- be close to 2000 words (within 10%) not including the bibliography
- have proper references, preferably in the Harvard style
- be written in formal English – although there are no specific marks allocated for grammar, punctuation and spelling, overall impression is important and can affect marks awarded. Concise and cogent arguments are encouraged. Incoherent sections may not be awarded any marks.
Remember to submit your work at the Student Services desk and make sure you get a receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place. This is the only proof you have of submitting your work on time.
The assignment will be marked according to the following main criteria:
- the extent to which service management ideas, theories and techniques are well argued specifically in terms of purpose, application, potential limitation and how they might contribute to the development of a business
- the use of appropriate sources of information (e.g. reputable business journals, research reports and academic journals)
- the degree to which the information put forward in the critique is synthesised, critically evaluated and analysed
- the degree to which appropriate conclusions are derived from a critical evaluation of the main issues raised
Other considerations include:
- clarity and structure of the arguments
- Overall presentation, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Conduct a critique of the following service management ideas, theories and techniques, specifically with reference to purpose, application and limitations and with regard to how these service management ideas, theories and techniques might contribute to the success of a service organisation:
- Service concept
- Understanding customer types
- SERVQUAL – Customer expectations and perceptions